Friday, March 15, 2013

Nice Woodsmen Art

While working on ideas for covers, both for print and electronic versions of John: The making of a LongHunter, I was trying to use some pictures I took several years ago in the Cumberland Gap area.  One I wanted to use was is the one to the left. It made a nice cover except it was taken with a fairly early digital camera that only could do 200 dpi.  Well the lowest anyone will take for cover art is 300 dpt so I was at square one.  I surfed a bit and found Randy Steele who advertises himself as a digital artists.  His work has some very good representations of the woodsmen and hunters of the era.  Nicely he provides links to embed in blogs and such, so here are a few that struck my eye.

The first is one that I am considering trying to get rights to so I can use it as the cover of the first John book. I think it gives a nice setting to the whole series.

Sell Art Online

 The second print that struck my eye was the very image of Ruben, John's hunting partner in John: FromLonghunter to Longknife

Photography Prints


 And finally a portrait that would be a fine way to think of John himself.

Art Prints

If you would like to see more of his work go to Randy Steele.  I am going to email him to see how much it would cost to get permissions.  Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment