Sunday, February 24, 2013

Adding my voice to the multitude of writing blogs provides an opportunity to express my feelings and insights while I work on completing my writing projects.  You have heard it all before - the solitary nature of the process, setting daily and long-term writing goals, and dealing with those days when one stares blankly at the wall, brain empty of all except the distracting negative thoughts.  Those days prompted the title of my blog.  

When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back.  

The blog posts will contain my thoughts and impressions on all of my writing projects as I work on them.  The pages listed on the right are devoted to the different projects.  At present I am working on the "John" series.  The first novel in the series John: the making of a Longhunter begins the story of a young man who   proceeds through the coming of age years in Colonial America.  We follow this process through triumph and tragedy, joy and sorrow, love and hate, alienation and reconciliation to his emergence as one of the legendary Longhunters who explored and exploited the frontier of the times.  That novel is essentially finished and I plan to have it available at all available e-books sources by July 2013.  

Currently I am working on two projecst simultaneously:  John: Longhunter to Longknife, the second novel in the John series and Education as Spiritual Initiative.  ESI is a compilation of essays dealing with the assertion that education is a spiritual or transcendent activity.  The book incorporates revisions of the previously published Education as Spiritual Enterprise expanded with to nearly three times the original length.  So I am working on novel-length fiction and essay-length non-fiction at the same time - well not exactly at the same time, but you know what I mean.

This blog will be fluid, changing in shape and perhaps purpose as I go along.  I hope you will join in the process and provide your own insights.

No comments:

Post a Comment